Wednesday 24 August 2011

In the pink

It's been a while since I last updated my blog. Why have I been so quiet? Adult measles. Fun fun fun.

The title of the post comes from a wonderful cream that I remember from having chicken pox as a child. If you lived in South Africa and have had a rash of some sort, you've probably been anointed with calydryl. It is a very pink cream and makes the rash look much worse, unless you plaster it on so thickly that all you see is pink. I took the picture below once I got to see the humour of the situation.

See the pale pink? That's the cream. The dark circles are all me.

And the sense of humour is what made is so tricky to sit in a dark room for a fortnight. I can just see how a dramatic teenager would enjoy the situation - sitting isolated in the dark, unable to go forth for fear of spreading infection, not able to work on the Master's since even the illumination from the computer screen hurt my eyes.

Last week was spent away from the interwebs since ill me put my modem in a "safe place". I don't know if I'm the only genius who chooses impossible safe places. Perhaps there's a touch of craziness that bubbles out when I really don't want to lose something. I carefully stashed my modem with my sewing supplies.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better!

    On the topic of "safe places". I think deep down every human being realizes that the most dangerous entity they can introduce to their valued possessions is themselves, so consequently their minds instantly blocks out memory of where they put it in the first place in order to ensure it's safety.

    I'm sure there's some kind of science behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only here was a science app for my phone that could triangulate the location of "safe places" by the importance of the object combined with chaos theory. Sounds good, huh?

    I'm feeling much better thanks, but the blood bank want me to wait a week more before donating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gives me an idea... I've recently got an Android phone, and I've been thinking of writing some app for it just for fun.

    I wonder how accurate the GPS is.

    ReplyDelete