Monday 23 May 2011

Lazy day or lazy me?

Gym
After my own series of unfortunate events (nothing on the Lemony Snicket scale) I went back  to gym today. My routine starts with 10 to 15 minutes on the recumbent exercise bicycle. Sitting back and pedalling is better for my knees than peddling on the normal exercise bicycles. Don't ask me to explain; the biokineticists at the gym said so so it must be true.

Someone at bikerumor.com made a recumbent office bicycle, but that's not the model we have at my gym

I felt rather chirpy at the gym. For starters, my eating plan means that I have energy throughout the day so it didn't take Herculean willpower to do my exercises. I also show less leg in all my exercises - a few centimetres of leg have gone astray.


I decided against posting a picture showing how my tummy doesn't show since it would be too breast-oriented

After happily pedalling to nowhere (or "spinning" in gym speak) I have 10 to 15 minutes on the treadmill. My instructions are to work up a light sweat and not be out of breath. (See my cunning avoidance of mentioning my level of (un)fitness). What I did enjoy was a  new, smaller (by 5) answer to a little, annoying question the exercise machines love  to ask:

Funny how I can never get the answer to the last question


Master's
After being productive and feeling brainy all weekend, today was a wash out as far as working on the Master's was concerned. I read articles on Cracked.com. Snoozed in the sun. Got weekdays and weekend all mixed up. The guilt might make me attempt a second spate of productiveness tonight. Or I'll just be virtuous again tomorrow. After all, making an admission like this on the Internet means that some of the people who are unhealthily interested in my Master's progress can see it too...

This dilemma reminds me of the trouble dolls my mother gave me when she came back from her trip to America.

Cute, aren't they?

The idea is that you tell one trouble to each doll at night (my mom bought six so that's how many troubles I'm allowed to have a day). The dolls will help to solve your troubles. From owning my own trouble dolls I can add one extra smidgeon of information: you can only tell the dolls about the same trouble so many times before you start doing something about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment