Saturday 21 May 2011

Studying in Paradise

Master's
The house I live in now used to belong to my grandfather. He always said that he lived in Paradise with his friends, the birds. I have to agree. Today was a perfect autumn day. My clothes felt fresh and warm from drying in the sun. I had the privilege to work on my Master's in the garden under the Jacaranda. The day was mild enough that I had my head in the shade, but my legs could be poked out into the warm, soothing sun.

Ye olde techno peasant notebook in beautiful surroundings
Project 36
The only part that marred the effect of being able to study in utopic surroundings is that I'm ravenous most of the time. I kept on having to get up every so often to search for sustenance.Yep, I've gone from feeling hungry to starving. The first three weeks of following my eating plan were invested in forcing myself to eat regularly. Now I have more portions to eat, but I have to exercise self-control not to overeat. Vegetables cooked with only herbs and water don't count as portions - so my veggie intake has gone up quite a bit for those times when I just need to fill the stomach and not take in additional carbohydrates.

Supposedly the increase in hunger shows an increase in metabolism. I would be sceptic, but I've put in a valiant effort to remember the last time is that I was constantly hungry - my early teens. I don't think that this means that another growth spurt is on the way (pity, since a little extra height wouldn't hurt). But it is the kind of hunger that occurred just before the puppy fat went. Let's hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment