Thursday 23 June 2011

Conspiracy

Master's
Once upon a time there was an essential resource for a chapter. A month ago, our heroine carried the sacred tome to the land of The Shelf, where all her other Master's books were stored. When the primary sources were all reread and the arcane notes rediscovered, she sat down before her mystical laptop to spin out of knowledge, magic, enthusiasm and air an insightful chapter. She travelled to The Shelf to retrieve the sacred tome.

It was gone.

A thorough search and many adventures with rabbits later, the tome was nowhere to be found. Our heroine went on a quest. The Oracle of the University of Pretoria's website guided her search to a shelf in the tallest tower of the library. The rumours stated that it contained the essay required. It had also disappeared. The quest (and swearing) continues...

On a lighter note, I've discovered a useful resource for writing dissertations. I've discovered an online community that  helps you to feel less desperate: PhinisheD.

Nymphette
I'm not sure if I'm losing weight (the scale in the house shows no weight loss or gain, but did get wet in one of the great bathroom floods) or fat (I have an appointment with Marthie Leach next week). Weight is not the only factor to being a nymphette. One of the others is illustrated by the Pre-Raphaelites - gorgeous hair.

A Mermaid - JW Waterhouse


Hylas and the Nymphs (study 1) - JW Waterhouse
I was devastated when my hair stylist moved to Cape Town. Jade was a breakthrough in my life and taught me the value of having a hairstyle done by someone who knows exactly what they're doing.It took me six months to give up and have my hair cut by *gasp* someone else. I've got hair again, real hair as opposed to that-which-annoys-me-and-should-be-tucked-in-a-pony-tail hair.

Hooray for Edward from Head Boys in Brooklyn Mall.  I was at the point where I was about to cut my own hair when I wondered in. He was very kind (and has a different style from Jade). He believed me that I don't blow wave or use straighteners! Thanks to his scissors I can do modern girl and Pre-Raphaelite looks using only a bit of mousse.
The just-cut-and-styled look

No comments:

Post a Comment