Tuesday 12 April 2011

Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we may diet

Master's
Over the weekend I read two books on comedy to jog my memory and tune in my mind.(I am aware that reading is not equal to writing, alas!)

Gym
I missed gym again. My excuse this time? Got stuck in traffic for 1.5 hours and finally couldn't get in since there was some inter-varsity sports thing going. It's a pity since I was looking forward to taking you through my next embarrassing exercise. I don't want to start writing about my exercises instead of doing them - so you'll have to wait to hear about more wonders of my exercise routine.

Project 36
The universe, in the form of a slightly  (she claims) inebriated mom at "the most wonderful party" is apparently guiding me to phone Litchi Living and make an appointment with one of their dieticians. Apparently while meandering her way through the Hazelwood food market (now in Menlopark) she spoke to the "nicest lady" who was, as I make it out, a family member of a friend or something of the sort. Naturally this recommendation needed verification so I visited their website.

I like their philosophy of eating well: "The good news is that the Litchi Living Lifestyle is easy, fun and dynamic; eat chocolate, ice-cream and sushi, drink wine AND loose [sic] weight."

I just happen to foresee a bout of depression in my future: "An individual consultation starts with an assessment of weight, height, fat percentage, recent blood tests, clinical signs of malnutrition, and normal dietary habits." I don't want to know what my fat percentage is!

Update
My appointment is tomorrow at 11:30. We who are about to diet, salute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment