Sunday 3 April 2011

The photo

One part of the many-fold plan is to shape up and slim up. This is a common enough goal, but in my case I have a visual aid. The nymphette of the title appears below. I still have both garments so I know that here I was a perfect size 36. The goal - to wear that outfit again and look just as yummy!
The nymphette


Believe it or not, I used to be even skinnier. I think my minimum weight was about 47 kg. Doesn't look as good as the nymphette. I suspect part of my weight gain was due to starting to eat again after cutting down on food, regularly skipping meals and stressing about my matric year. Perhaps it was the Lamictin. Or, as my mom always insists, starting to eat junk food. She's probably right too.
"Te maer, te maer. Van jou sal ek maar sop moet maak" - die heks in Hansie en Grietjie*
*This quote is from the Storieman series which I listened to as a child. Loosely translated: "Too thin, to thin. I'll have to make soup of you" - the witch in Hansel and Grethel.


2 comments:

  1. Good plan, I've been doing the same. What measures are you taking to achieve this goal? Diet, exercise, drugs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going for exercise, diet (I'll try to go to a dietician). No drugs. I'm superstitious about things that fiddle with your metabolism. I might also try the Willem diet - six meals a day on a saucer.

    ReplyDelete