Wednesday 27 April 2011

The hunger

I'm experiencing my first cold since leaving the world of contract employment and never-cleaned aircons. In this case the word "cold" is truly suitable since I got it from setting forth at night due to a nice touch of cabin fever. I agree with Agatha Christie (in the person of Hercule Poirot) who says that people tend to say they have flu when they only have a catarrhal cold since it is difficult to get the appropriate sympathy for a cold.


Master's
My quest for a great artefact to assist me in my goals has been achieved!
Grotty notebook
This notebook (not written in shorthand) contains the many notes I made for chapters, random ideas, etc. Careful observations of coffee stains, content and handwriting reveals that this is indeed that mystical item, the notebook containing my ground work for my Master's. Legends state that such an item can assist with memory and the completion of the dissertation.

Since I feared these notes to be lost to time (I put them in a "safe place") I don't know how much this will assist in the current chapter (new ideas), but we'll see.

Project 36: the hunger
As part of my last session with my dietician she warned me about "the hunger". Until now eating was a chore and by the end of the day I struggled to force myself to take in those last carb or protein portions (see the last post). Today I woke up hungry. I ate up a whole medium pizza by myself. (I have one free meal a week so it's not cheating on my eating plan.) Apparently this means that we might have awoken that slumbering beast, my metabolism. If the hunger continues this theory will be proven. Hold thumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment