Monday 4 April 2011

Embrace of Morpheus

Master's progress
I'm gathering my books and I've made an appointment with my supervisor.

Project 36
I missed gym today, but did some shopping, paid off my debts and helped to lug the new mini-oven around. I ordered something not really recommended for diets (a chicken pot pie) for brunch but I did manage to only eat until I was full instead of sitting down and devouring the entire plate. I also successfully resisted all the Easter chocolate displays.

Courtesy of a nice long discussion this weekend with friends, I've decided not to let weight feature here. After all, I'm trying to become a size 36. Since muscle apparently weighs more than fat, the exercise that I intend to do might make me miserable before I start seeing the real results. Despite the thrill of public pressure to lose weight and attain other goals, I'm also not going to post my vital statistics (although I will note them down and keep them in a secret, safe, hidden spot).
Morpheus, god of dreams and son of Sleep - Ovid

Thus far, my experience of being a full-time student is just that I sleep. A lot. Friday, 1 April, was spent sleeping. I woke up, moved around and got back into bed and slept. The same for the weekend and today. I feel like an Augustan débutante - I'm awake in the middle of the night (I'll leave you to imagine why and make my life more interesting) and sleep till noon. How long can this last?

No comments:

Post a Comment